Marathon Mom & Dad

Marathon Mom & Dad
The Masoner Clan after Mike & I finished the Top of Utah Marathon last fall

Sunday, June 13, 2010

The last 23 years- Part One


So, through the miracle of Facebook, I have re-connected with my long, lost best friend from Middle School, Jeriann Jones. We went to Middle School at Ft. Hood, Tx. My family moved to Utah the summer after 8th grade and we haven't seen each other since. We need to catch up, which is going to take a while, but I thought it would be fun to share the journey with all of you... By the way, I'm pretty sure Jeriann gave me this lovely haircut- in my bathroom-...

Hey Girl! Can you believe Texas was 23 years ago?!? It seriously feels like it was yesterday! Crazy as it sounds, I really don't feel THAT much differently than the nerdy 13 year old that left that summer... Catching up on the last 23 years might take a while, so I think we should do this in installments, haha!

Well, after we left Texas, we spent the summer in Burley, ID. It's a little town in Southern Idaho where my parents grew up and both sets of my grandparents lived. It was a pretty fun summer, actually. I remember that I missed you a lot! It was that summer that I met my husband Mike. I was barely 14 and he was almost 17. We met at the first church dance I ever went to. Crazy, right?

So, after leaving the Army and weighing all their options, my parents decided my dad should go back to school for a Master's degree. They decided to go to Utah State University in Logan, UT. So after moving every 3 years my whole life, this is where my parents landed in Logan and I lived there for 6 years. All of High School and my first two years of college.

I don't know if you remember, but my mom had just had my little brother Jake like two weeks before we left Texas. So that made 8 kids! My mom had another baby during my Senior year, my little sister Julia and then she has ANOTHER baby a few months after I got married. Yes, it was a true Mormon wedding- where the mother of the bride was pregnant, not the bride... Haha!

Even though I didn't ever live in the same town with Mike, we kept in touch over the years, and after his LDS mission (to guess where: Santa Rosa, Ca,!), we starting dating seriously and got married a year later.

No comments:

Post a Comment